Birla Institute of Technology and Science which is also known as BITS is counted among the best engineering colleges of India. The institute holds the image of being one of the finest engineering colleges that offers top quality education. Considering the reputation and quality is its quite obvious getting admission in BITS Pilani is not as easy as that. The institute organizes an admission test known as Birla Institute of Technology and Science Admission test for the aspirants. In order to get admission in the BITS Pilani or its other campuses, you need to appear and qualify the BITSAT. The BITS offers various undergraduate courses for the students including engineering, pharmacy, and other science courses. In case you are planning to take the BITSAT 2018 then below are the important information you should be aware of including dates, eligibility, form fees and much more.
BITSAT 2018 Application Form
BITS Pilani has released the application form for its 2018 admission test on 19 December 2017. Students can fill the form online and register themselves for the BITSAT 2018 till March 13, 2018 (5 p.m.). While filling the BITSAT 2018 registration form, students are required to fill certain details. The details will include their personal information, academic details, and contact information. In order to complete the form, the students are also required to upload their photograph and signature images. After completely filling the form the students need to pay the examination fee to finally submit the form. The incomplete or invalid form will not be accepted by the institute, any kind of editing or change in the form will be allowed from 15th of March to 19th March 2018.
Application Fee Details
- The fee for the application is Rs. 2450 for the female candidates and rs.2950 for others.
- The payment option includes credit card payment, debit card, net banking and the cash payment at the ICICI bank.
- In case you are choosing Dubai as the examination center then you have to pay $70 (Rs.4500).
Below are the eligibility criteria for the Student to apply and get admission in BITS
Qualification Criteria – According to the BITSAT 2018 guidelines, the students must have passed the 10+2 examination or the equivalent examination with Physics, Chemistry, and math. For applying the B.pharma the subject includes Physics, Chemistry, and Biology.
Appearing Criteria– The students must have passed the 10+2 examination in 2017 or appearing in 2018.
Admission criteria– In order to successfully get the admission in BITS, the strongest must have secured 75% marks in Physics, Chemistry and math/Biology together. And, the students also must have more than 60 % marks individually in Chemistry, Physics and math/Biology.
BITSAT Paper Pattern
- Here are the details about the BITSAT pattern
- The duration of the paper will be three hours without any break.
- The exam will be conducted online
- The paper will contain only the multiple choice questions
- Three marks will be awarded for each correct answer and one market will be deducted for every wrong one.
- The question paper will contain total 150 questions.
Important BITS Pilani Dates to be remember for BITSAT 2018
- The Application Form the BITSAT was released on 19th December 2018.
- The last date to apply for the registration is 13the March 2018 till 5 P.M.
- Editing in the application form will be allowed from 15th March to 19th March.
- Examination Center allotment will be announced on 21st March 2018
- The slot booking will take place from 23rd March to 5Th April 2018.
- The Hall tickets will be released from 12th April to 10th May 2018.
- Th Exam date will be from 16th May to 31st May 2018.
- You need to apply for the admission on the 12th marks prefer from 1stv May to 18 June 2018.
- Admit list and a wait list will be released on 20th June 2018.